Bookkeeping can be a time consuming task. And if you’re not 100% confident about the job it can lead to stress and anxiety – what happens if you make a mistake? It’s also sometimes difficult to hire someone to complete work for you that you don’t really understand.
If you’re looking for peace of mind then our experienced team can provide bookkeeping services in a number of ways tailored to meet your specific needs:
At your office
We visit your office as frequently as you like and we’ll bring our own software (or use yours)
At our office
You send us your records. We do the rest.
The most cost-effective approach. You scan your records and send them to us electronically. We save it in your own secure folder on our document management system which is accessible to you 24/7 via our website.
Our colleagues in Mumbai, (who are all qualified Accountants), dial-in to your password protected folder and process the information into our online accounting software. You then have the option to log on to our accounting software via the website and run any reports you might want. Or we can run the reports for you and either save the in your secure folder or email them to you.
We’ll use the most appropriate bookkeeping software for your needs. This might be Sage, Xero or Iris. We can also use Excel and often can use your own system such as Quickbooks.
All work we perform adheres to the key principles of our quality assurance system whereby:
- We make sure we have a full understanding of your requirements, needs and expectations
- We plan, control and complete assignments as effectively as possible
- We review and approve completed work prior to sending it to you
- We continuously seek to improve the way we operate, by reviewing our procedures, asking for feedback and by using a staff training and development programme that matches that of Investors in People
What do we do?
- Day-to-day bookkeeping
- Basic date entry
- Balance and reconcile your books
- Debtor and Creditor listings
- Cheque preparation
- Credit control
- VAT returns
- Management accounts
- Cash flow forecasts
- Store your records electronically
“We have used your bookkeeping services for so many years now that you’re really part of our team. The service is always very friendly and flexible and it’s such a relief having someone else come in to take care of our bookkeeping and the VAT.” N McDermott, Morrison Leahy Music Limited
“We were looking for a cost-effective approach to our bookkeeping and Ripe were able to offer us what we needed through great use of technology. Of course it helped that they’ve been our accountants for many years and we know we can trust them to do the right thing.” R Golden, Robert Golden Pictures Limited
How much is it?
We’d prefer to talk to you first to make sure we understand your needs and would normally be able to give you a good idea of the fee if you’re able to answer the following questions:
- Which service would you prefer:
a) We visit you
b) You send us your records
- How many bank receipts do you have per month?
- How many bank payments do you have per month?
- How many sales invoices do you have per month?
- How many purchase invoices do you have per month?
- How many credit cards do you use and how many transactions do they typically have per month?
- Would you like us to complete your VAT returns?
- Are quarterly management accounts required?
- How fast is our turnaround time?
By understanding your needs before we start your work, we’ll operate to meet your requirements.
- What type of clients do you provide bookkeeping for?
We provide bookkeeping services to a wide variety of businesses. We recognise that when your business reaches a certain size, it’s usually more cost-effective for you to move to the online option.
- Do I have to sign up for a minimum length of time?
No. There’s no minimum length of contract. You can end the service whenever you wish – but would appreciate a notice period of one month
- What happens if the member of your team who normally does my books is off sick/on holiday or on study leave?
We make sure that more than one person is familiar with your business and your books. So you’re always covered.
- Can you train my staff in basic bookkeeping?
Absolutely. Our qualified staff will gladly show you what to do, make recommendations, and train your staff.
- How is my company data input into your online systems?
You simply send or email your paperwork to us (or we collect it from you) for our team to store in your very own secure bookkeeping folder ready for processing.
- What if I want to use your on-line system but don’t have a scanner?
We can recommend a scanner for you to buy or we can provide a scanning service to you
- Can I access my data?
If you select our online option your business records will be stored in your very own folder within our document management system. You can access this 24/7 via our website.
- Can I have full backup of my data?
You can not only receive full backups of your scanned source documents but also the any reports produced by our accounting systems.
- How secure is my data?
Our document management system is a password protected system that satisfies the latest security standards including US government and industry-standard criteria, such as Sarbanes-Oxley and the USA Patriot Act.
- What reports will I receive?
We’ll discuss with you at the beginning of the assignment what you might need to help you manage your business. We’ll then deliver the reports to you when you want them. They would typically include your aged sales listing, your aged creditors listing, your profit and loss account and your balance sheet. And if you need anything else, just ask!